I was looking around for finger food ideas for my 1-year-old a few weeks ago, as she was getting a little fussy with food. Thank goodness that did not last long, as it was probably due to her huge molars making an appearance in her mouth for the first time!
So, while I was surfing on Facebook, one particular recipe caught my eye. Zucchini Fries. Recipe sounds simple enough and did not require much effort, which was a WIN for me. Also, I had been wanting to whip up something with zucchini for the longest time, but had no idea how to do it.
Here’s the recipe (adapted from Health.com)for you to try out as well:
For this you will need:
1 egg white
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Cut zucchini into 3-inch sticks.
3. Whisk egg white in a small bowl, and add milk.
4. Combine cheddar and breadcrumbs in a separate bowl.
5. Dip zucchini sticks into egg mixture, then roll in breadcrumb mixture.
6. Line your oven tray with baking paper. Then place zucchini on the paper.
7. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes (or until fries are golden brown)
Hope you enjoy baking this treat! Feel free to share other recipe ideas in the comments below 🙂