Hubby and I, and our little girl are huge fans of grilled chicken wings. To me, this dish is like an easy way out of cooking, as it allows me to throw together a melange of sauces to marinade the chicken – and then pop ip in the oven while I occupy myself with other things.
So, when I came across this chicken wings recipe that looked simple enough, of course I couldn’t resist giving it a try!
For this you will need:
Approximately 500g of chicken wings (Feel free to use drumlets or any other chicken parts that you prefer)
1 big onion
1 clove garlic
1-2 inches of ginger
3 tablespoons light soya sauce
2 tablespoons dark soya sauce
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
A few dashes of pepper
Salt & sugar to taste
1. Peel and chop finely the onion, garlic and ginger. I took a shortcut with this by using the food processor.
2. Pour chicken wings, together with chopped onion, garlic and ginger in a bowl.
3. Add the seasonings – light and dark soya sauce, sesame oil, pepper, salt and sugar – and mix well.
4. Cover your bowl with a cling wrap and leave it to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours – mixing it occasionally. It’ll be great if you can marinate it longer, so that the flavour can settle in.
5. Place baking paper on your oven tray, and line the chicken wings nicely.
6. Bake at 180C for 20 minutes. Turn over your chicken and bake for a further 10-15 minutes.
7. Enjoy your chicken with rice, or by itself as a snack.