The weather has been rather hot and unforgiving of late, and the heat is starting to get to me. So much so that I went on a fruit shopping spree this weekend, and now I have boxes of various fruits in my fridge.
Besides these newly-bought fruits, I also had some very ripe bananas and a few boxes of strawberry milk which I am quite reluctant to give to Crystabel – as I find the taste too sweet!
And so that was how I got inspired to whip up this Banana Strawberry Popsicles 🙂
For this you will need:
1.5 ripe bananas
4-5 strawberries (I prefer Korean strawberries)
120ml strawberry milk (If there wasn’t a need to use up the strawberry milk, I’d prefer to use yogurt instead)
Popsicle molds (I got mine from Daiso)
- Mash bananas until they turn into puree form.
- Dice the strawberries.
- Mix the banana puree and diced strawberries until well mixed.
- Pour the banana strawberry mixture into the popsicle molds until it is half full.
- Pour the strawberry milk into the popsicle molds until it is filled up.
- Put the popsicle holder into place, and freeze overnight.
- When pouring in the banana strawberry mixture into the molds, do press them down a little to make sure that there is no “empty space” in between.
- For this particular popsicle mold that I am using, some people have reported that there are times when the popsicle does not glide out as smoothly. The solution to this is to submerge the molds into a bowl of warm water, and it should slip right out nicely. I didn’t have this problem though, so can’t really say if it really helps.